The minimum eligibility of candidates intending to pursue a doctoral programme is a pass with a minimum of 55% in a postgraduate programme and MPhil. The students who have cleared UGC-CSIR NET/JRF examination or SLET/GATE examinations and also the students who have worked as JRF for one year in the externally funded major research projects may be exempted from MPhil requirement. In case of internally funded major research projects (MRP), the students may be exempted from MPhil requirement after two years of research experience. Under certain conditions such as presence of high impact publications students with high academic performance at the postgraduate level, may be admitted directly to a PhD programme.
Eligibility requirements: (For exemption only)
1. Post Graduate Degree in the related field of Research with not less than 55% marks.
2. The candidate must have completed and/or being involved as a Research Associate/ Fellow, in a major research project (sponsored by UGC or any other approved institution) of specified duration of not less than 2 years.
4. The research project done / being done must be in the faculty area of the PhD Course applied for. Approved Institution for the purpose may be any national or international organization engaged in the field of Research and having recognition as an approved body of research.
5. **Candidates seeking admission to PhD in Commerce/Management based on membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India / Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India/ Institute of Company Secretaries of India must have not less than 5 years of post qualification professional / industry experience, as may be acceptable to the University, as equivalent to Research.
PhD Course Requirements:
Candidates provisionally admitted to PhD course on the basis of above said exemption, shall, as part of additional course work and for confirmation of the admission, pass a written examination with not less than 55% marks.
Application has to be made in the prescribed format with a separate letter seeking exemption from MPhil qualification, duly supported by relevant documents relating to research experience.
Fee for Exemption:
In addition to the normal fee applicable to PhD course, the candidate shall be required to pay an exemption fee of Rs.5000/- for processing the application and for the conduct of the written examination.
* As approved by AC 25.05.2009
** As approved by AC 28.09.2011